Summary of Service:
WellSpringboard™ platform (“WellSpringboard™”) is a platform for matching your health research ideas with researchers.
Here, you can share your ideas for innovative health research. WellSpringboard™ will match the best ideas with researchers who can bring them to life. Tell your friends about your ideas and get their support so your idea can be put into action. Be a part of the research that matters most to you – from the start, in the middle, and all the way through to the end.
Acceptance of Terms:
Rules and Conduct:
You agree that you will abide by the following rules when using WellSpringboard™:
- You and you alone are responsible for your use and activity on WellSpringboard™.
- You will not post or submit any content, idea, information, or comment on WellSpringboard™ that itself or the practice thereof:
- Infringes on or would require the license of any patent, trademark, trade secret, or copyright.
- You know is false or misleading.
<li5″>Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, fraudulent, or invasive of another’s privacy or that would breach any agreement.
- Constitutes unsolicited or unlawful adversiting or promotional material or spam.
<li7″>Contains viruses or any other computer codes designed to interfere with the proper function of software in any way.
- Impersonates any person or entity.
- You will not copy or distribute any part of WellSpringboard™ without prior written authorization from WellSpringboard™.
Rights & Responsibilities:
<h32″>Intellectual Property Rights:
By submitting content and ideas to WellSpringboard™:
- <li5″>You grant WellSpringboard™ (and/or others authorized to act with it or on its behalf) worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable (including to the service’s users), transferable rights to use, practice, perform, edit, modify, prepare derivative works of, reproduce, host, reproduce, publicly display, stream, transmit, playback, download, transcode, copy, feature, market, sell, distribute, and otherwise fully exploit your submissions, the ideas and content therein, trademarks, service marks, slogans, logos, and any similar proprietary rights in connection with WellSpringboard™, including but not limited to research and other activities funded or administered by WellSpringboard™and WellSpringboard’s™ promoting, marketing, redistributing and taking whatever action is required to perform and market WellSpringboard™.
- You agree that WellSpringboard™ (and others acting on its behalf) shall and does solely own any results of research and other activities that WellSpringboard™ (and/or others acting with it or on its behalf) funds or administers, including all inventions, improvements, discoveries, products, compositions, software, data, and intellectual property rights (e.g., patent and copyright).
<li7″>When publishing your user submissions to WellSpringboard™, you may be identified publicly by your name or user ID/username in association with your user submission.
- You grant each WellSpringboard™ user a non-exclusive license to access your submission through WellSpringboard™ and to use, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and display user submissions solely for personal, non-commercial use.
User accounts that infringe upon the intellectual property rights of others will be terminated, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and WellSpringboard™ may take any other actions required by law.
Responsibilities of Matched Researchers:
University of Michigan researchers selected by WellSpringboard™ to conduct research in response to a user submission from the public ( “Matched Researchers”) must abide by all of the rules and regulations set forth by the Institutional Review Board (“IRB”) at the University of Michigan as well as federal regulations, state laws, and university policy. This includes applying for IRB approval or determination of exemption prior to conducting any research with human subjects or their personally identifiable data. For more information on IRB at the University of Michigan, visit http://research-compliance.umich.edu/irb-health-sciences-and-behavioral-sciences-hsbs.
Matched Researchers are further required to provide periodic updates to WellSpringboard™ users regarding the research for which they are matched. The frequency and nature of periodic updates must be mutually agreed upon by WellSpringboard™ and the Matched Researcher before project funding will be disbursed.
<p5″>Users are welcome to browse WellSpringboard™ without registering for an account. However, you may be required to create an account with WellSpringboard™ in order to fully participate in all aspects of WellSpringboard™.
<p7″>When registering for an account on WellSpringboard™:
- You must not select a username or provide other personal information with the intent to impersonate another person, company, or entity.
- You must not use any information you do not have a right to use.
- You must not use any information that is offensive, inflammatory, or vulgar.
<p2″>WellSpringboard™ users must never use another user’s account without the user’s prior express authorization. You are obligated to notify WellSpringboard™ immediately in the event of an unauthorized use of your account or any other security breach of which you are aware.
<h35″>Fundraising, Payments, and Fees:
WellSpringboard™ is a venue for sharing research ideas and raising money to fund research ideas. WellSpringboard™ allows users to submit ideas and raise funds from other users. The funds are collected through the University of Michigan online giving portal (https://leadersandbest.umich.edu). WellSpringboard™ is a research program of the University of Michigan. All donations are charitable gifts made to the University of Michigan, a tax-exempt charitable organization, and all funds donated through WellSpringboard™ will be used to fund research ideas listed on WellSpringboard™.
If a submitted idea fails to meet the target funding goal as determined by the Matched Researcher and idea submitter, the funds donated to the unsuccessful idea will be reallocated to another idea submitted to WellSpringboard™ in the same focus area as the idea which was not funded. For example, if an idea about pediatric cancer research is not fully funded, all donations that were made to that idea will be reallocated to another WellSpringboard™ project about pediatric cancer research determined by the WellSpringboard™ Director. Donations made to WellSpringboard™ are final and no refunds will be given. In the event that WellSpringboard™ should unexpectedly cease operations, donations made through WellSpringoard™ that have not yet been released to Matched Researchers will be released in full to the department, division, or unit at the University of Michigan responsible for research efforts in the area most closely related to the WellSpringboard™ idea.
It is free to join WellSpringboard™. You may choose to donate funds to research ideas posted to WellSpringboard™. It is solely your choice to donate to an idea. You understand that making a contribution does not give you any rights in or to that research project, including without limitation any ownership, control, or distribution rights, and that the Matched Researchers shall be free to solicit other funding for the project, enter into contracts for the project, allocate rights in or to the project, and otherwise direct the project. You further understand that nothing in this agreement or otherwise limits the right of WellSpringboard™ to enter into agreements or business releations relating to projects. WellSpringboard™ does not guarantee any project’s fundraising goal will be met.
WellSpringboard™ charges no fees in addition to donations made to research ideas to WellSpringboard™, allowing all of the donations made through WellSpringboard™ to go toward funding research.
Limitation of Liability:
<p2″>You acknowledge and agree that WellSpringboard™ shall not be liable for your interactions with any organizations and/or individuals found on or through WellSpringboard™ and you release and waive any and all claims, demands, or damages you may have or assert against WellSpringboard™ arising from such interactions. All dealings are solely between you and and such organizations and/or individuals. WellSpringboard™ is under no obligation to become involved in disputes between site members and/or any third party.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Michigan without regard for principles of choice of law. Any claims, demands, or actions asserted against The Regents of the University of Michigan shall be brought in the Michigan Court of Claims. You and your representatives, executors, heirs, successors, and assigns consent to the jurisdiction of the Washtenaw County Circuit Court for the State of Michigan with respect to any claims arising under this Agreement.